Sunday, October 04, 2009

Updates

1. Big changes coming. Thanks to people willing to help (shout out to Scott in Utah!) and the beauty of independent web design ......

2. Honest mistake on the credit card. I had put the wrong card in the ATM machine and when I entered the {wrong} pin number, it flagged my account as suspicious. I appreciate the vigilance of my credit card company, but it would have been good to know I had been flagged, and deemed unable to use my card, **BEFORE** I was standing in the check out line of the commissary with $690 in groceries. That's all I'm saying.

3. The contractor never showed on Thursday. Two thumbs down. But he called on Friday and apologized, and said he would start on Saturday. Two thumbs up. He never showed up on Saturday. Two thumbs down. But he called on Saturday night and apologized and said he would start on Monday. I'll wait until tomorrow morning to see if I should give another two thumbs up. Or not.

4. Camera started working again just as mysteriously as it quit working. Bizarre. Frustrating. Worrisome. I am helping to photograph the 2nd annual "Go, Mitch, Go" Golf Tournament Fundraiser tomorrow and it will be BEYOND embarrassing if my auto-focus simply quits in the middle of the tournament.

And in other news .....

5. I was able to spend some of this weekend scrapbooking with a group of ladies at a local church. It was a lot of fun and there was chocolate and all was well. I stayed up until 2:30 am organizing my photos, in preparation for my annual get-away this upcoming weekend, and then realized the only place left to sleep was in the sanctuary. On a pew. And my body is wider than a church pew, I discovered. So if sleeping in the sanctuary, on a pew, during a scrapbooking getaway, isn't sacrilegious enough, I'm pretty sure cursing when you get a cramp in your leg at 4am is.

UPDATED TO ADD:

6. "Account Unavailable
Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience." .... the status of my Facebook account. Going on 24 hours now. Clearly, *my* definition of "a few hours" is not the same as Facebook's definition!

6 comments:

Brandi said...

About the camera... check the little button on the lens, AF/M, it could have slid a bit when you twisted on the lens. Sounds simple... it happened to me once, and I paniced a little before I realized what had happened. Just a thought... Good luck with the computer.
Brandi N.

Ann On and On... said...

It is so fun to get together with friends and be crafty! I hope you created some master pieces...or just had an amazing time with friends laughing.

Anonymous said...

I think it would be cool to sleep on a church pew in the Sanctuary! Although, I would have to figure out a way to push two pews together since my body is also wider :) I hope the contractor comes through for you tomorrow!
~Debbie~

Amanda J said...

I've been periodically getting that facebook message as well! Sometimes when I get it, if I immediately go back and try to log in again, it lets me. So weird!

Unknown said...

when you figure out your camera, can i bring mine over for you to check out? i can't get it to work at all. if not, i'll be forced to take it to my dentist on Friday. fillings and camera work. it's a two-fer special!

Rebecca said...

It's time to get ugly with your contractor if you haven't already. He should not have cashed your check without at least attempting to start the job.